If I have ulcerative colitis and blood is coming out in my stool. Should I go to the hospital or wait to see if it clears today?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Call your doc

If you have the diagnosis of ulcerative colitis already, and have bleedingyou need to contact your doc.
Are you on meds? Are you taking them as prescribed? Do you also have hemorrhoids? As to going acutely to hospital, would do so if hemorrhaging, severe pain, frequent bms, fever, lightheaded, chest pain, discomfort, palpitations, and/or unable to reach your doc.

In brief: Call your doc

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Call your GI

Call your gastroenterologist as he may have recommendations that can keep you out of the hospital if possible.

In brief: Call your GI

Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery