What to do if what I have is carpal tunnel syndrome?

See your physician. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a diagnosis that your physician can usually make following an examination. There are many other diseases that can present with similar symptoms, or contribute to the nerve compression, so an accurate diagnosis is important. Many patients respond very well to activity modification, splinting, vitamin b6, and a local steroid injection.