I keep having these weird symptoms. How do I know I have a panic attack?

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: See a good doctor
If the "weird" symptoms are just amusing or a curiosity to you, then you need do nothing.
If however, they are significantly troublesome or disabling, you need to be evaluated by a physician. (that's what we do.).

In brief: See a good doctor
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Panic
Sudden intense fear/apprehension lasting minutes to hours, accompanied by fast heart rate, sweating, shaking, shortness of breath, chest pains, nausea or abdominal distress, feeling dizzy or lightheaded or faint, chills, numbness/tingling, fear of dying or losing control or going crazy, or any combination of those symptoms.

In brief: Panic
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: Anxiety vs. Panic
"weird symptoms" sounds like anxiety.
A panic attack is the sincere feeling that you are about to die ---- for no reason. The tiger outside the door is real, the heart attack you've never had is here now, etc.

In brief: Anxiety vs. Panic
"weird symptoms" sounds like anxiety.
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich