I just ran up a 3 blocks city hill, and I am having so much trouble breathing, why am I so out of shape?

Dr. Robert Meislin
Sports Medicine
In brief: Uphill running
Uphill running is always more taxing than flat running as you are moving your mass against gravity and so more energy and muscle burn is required.
Always a good idea to incorporate hills into one's runs to build up this type of aerobic/anaerobic endurance.

In brief: Uphill running
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Meislin
Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Change it!
Running hills is a challenge to anyone's aerobic capacity but heed the wake up call.
Get back into shape by starting a fitness program with a mix of aerobic and resistance exercises. Start at an intensity and volume that is appropriate for you. May i suggest run/walking. Start by running for 1 min/walking for 4 for 20 min. Chunks. Then, increased the running until you are running the entire time.

In brief: Change it!
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology