I have way too much sleep. How can I reduce sleep but not be sleepy either?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Slowly and
Progressively. The amount is sleep each person needs is quite individual.
You are very likely getting the specific amount of sleep your body needs. There are many adults who need 9-10 hours of sleep to be able to function optimally. There are societal bragging rights to getting only 4 hours sleep per day. Don't let them fool you. Ask your doctor or see a sleep specialist about adjusting.

In brief: Slowly and
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Steven Tucker
Also consider using any of the over the counter sleep tools such as a ZEO, a LARK, or even a FitBit. Understanding your sleep patterns is the first step to fixing it. Don't forget proper sleep hygeine as well (rituals, stimulant avoidance)