What can I do to know when my molar tooth is dying?

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Sensitivity

Lingering sensitivity to hot and/ or cold, pressure pain or pain while chewing, and swelling are all signs.

In brief: Sensitivity

In brief: Ask your dentist

Your dentist has the skills and experience to perform tests on that bothersome tooth to determine if it needs treatment.
Give their office a call.

In brief: Ask your dentist

Give their office a call.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Dying nerve

Patients can't always know when a tooth starts to become non-vital or it's it's complete "dead".
Sometimes this occurs quickly with severe acute pain, ; sometimes this process happens slowly over a long period. If you are having a problem with a particular tooth, your dentist can determine the health ; vitality of the tooth both by your symptoms ; some clinical tests (even if the x-ray is negative.

In brief: Dying nerve

Dr. Vicken Poochikian