I have otitis-media ear infection and some hearing loss, how to unblock my eustachian tubes?

Dr. Anna Meyer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Time
You can try popping your ears, but mostly it is just a matter of time.
50% of people no longer have fluid that is causing the hearing loss at one month after the infection, 90% no longer have fluid at 3 months after the infection. If your hearing is still down at 3 months, you should see an ent.

In brief: Time
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: Valsalva
To unblock eustachian tube do valsalva manouvre, close the nose and mouth and blow so that air goes backwards and hopefully opens the tubes.
Chewing gum also another way to keep the tubes open.

In brief: Valsalva
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Arnon Rubin