Can you tell me how do I prevent leg ulcers for diabetics?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Meticulous control

Diabetic leg/foot ulcers occur for several reasons: nerve damage, (wounds don't hurt initially), poor artery supply, poor healing from elevated blood sugars.
There is no simple way to prevent them except meticulous control of diabetes and diligent monitoring. If you get a wound go directly to your diabetic doc. Delay in presenting to the doc causes lots of problems. Be well.

In brief: Meticulous control

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Keep your legs

Well lubricated. If you have swollen legs from venous insufficency discuss with your doc to consider support socks/stockings if the arterial circulation is good and can handle it.
Do not pick at your skin.

In brief: Keep your legs

Do not pick at your skin.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass