I was just wondering how can I be sure I have carpal tunnel syndrome?

See a Hand Surgeon. Treatment protocol for carpal tunnel syndrome is first to confirm diagnosis by emg/nct. This can be performed by a neurologist or a rehab specialist. Once diagnosis is confirmed then patients start with prescription nsaids, wrist braces, sometimes steroid injection into the carpal tunnel and lastly surgical release. Majority of patients benefit from this treatment protocol. See a hand surgeon.
Symptoms. Carpal tunnel is usually a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms and exam. Numbness to the thumb, index, long, and half the ring finger is usually diagnostic along with positive durkins sign, tinels sign and phalens maneuver. Emg and nerve conduction studies can be helpful in confirming the diagnosis.
Symptoms. if you have the symptoms as in numbness in the fingers with radiating pain up to the neck especially at night and when driving and writing and on the phone. Please consult a hand surgeon who will examine you and possibly send you for an EMG to confirm the diagnosis.