I have an infected toenail, how would they treat it?

Treatment. Generally with an infected toenail, if you are a healthy patient, the toe that has the infected toenail with get numbed with a local anesthetic, the offending nail border will be removed when the toe is numb and the toe is then dressed with an antibiotic ointment and a dressing. You will be able to walk out of the office after the treatment.
Removal, antibiotics. If your ingrown nail is infected, you'll likely need antibiotics, and possibly a nail procedure. Just the painful border can be removed, or the entire nail if necessary (you're numbed up for this, don't worry!). While waiting to see your doctor, soak the toe 10 min/day in luke warm water and epsom salts, use a small amount of topical antibiotic ointment, and cover with a bandaid.
In office procedure . Usually the toe is numbed and the offending border is removed. If needed an antibiotic may be prescribed.