I currently got treated for scabies. I used the cream to cure it. When will itching stop?

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: SCABIES ITCH

If the diagnosis was correct, and you do have scabies, and if you used a cream called Elimite (permethrin) or anything else with Permethrin in it, the itching should be gone in a week or two.
An oral medication -- stromectol -- can also be used if the cream doesn't work. One of the old, very good medications is kwell lotion. Best luck.

In brief: SCABIES ITCH

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Lisa Kates
Dermatology

In brief: Itching persists

After treatment for a scabies infection it can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for the itching to resolve.

In brief: Itching persists

Dr. Lisa Kates
Dr. Lisa Kates