I am a guy and if I masturbated, would it cause any harm to my fertility?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Possibly

Masturbation like frequent heterosexual sex (if done too frequently while attempting to get pregnant) could cause issues with fertility if one is attempting to cause pregnancy.
It is simply an issue of sperm count and quality of sperm. Essentially you could deplete the count and hinder fertility. Otherwise, masturbation is not going to be a cause of infertility.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Michael Murray
Fertility Medicine

In brief: No

As long as your sperm count is normal, then ejaculation by masturbation or intercourse will only decrease sperm counts for about 24 - 48 hours.
Sperm counts replenish quickly for most men.

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Jane Van Dis