How to remove skin tags at home with a little help from my friends?

Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Occupational Medicine
In brief: See Your Doctor
Go and see your doctor, usually after a little numbing medicine is applied, they can be painlessly cut off in the office.

In brief: See Your Doctor
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Franklyn Farrell
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: In all honesty...
...I discourage people from doing this because of risk of bleeding, infections and scarring.
That said, if you're going to do it anyway, clean the skin and a very sharp pair of small nail scissors with alcohol, and snip them off. Big ones can bleed quite a lot, so let your doc do those. An old folk remedy is to tie thread or dental floss around them, but that seldom works.

In brief: In all honesty...
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern