I heard that as a pregnant woman I should avoid soft cheese in case of listeria infection?

A/W Dr. Younggren. Avoid soft cheeses blue-veined cheeses; ; mexican-style cheeses. Only drink milk or eat food w milk products that have been pasteurized. You can eat hard cheese; semi-soft cheeses; pasteurized processed cheeses, cream cheese ; cottage cheese. Wash your hands after you handle hot dogs. Avoid cross-contaminating fluid from hot dogs packages with utensils or food prep surfaces. Ensure hot dogs or.
True. Unpasteurized cheeses, such as brie, feta, and bleu cheese, are not safe to eat during pregnancy because they could contain listeria. This bacteria can cause an infection in your baby. Other foods to avoid include raw or undercooked meat, shellfish, and eggs.
Uncooked/unpasteur. Unpasteurized cheeses, such as brie, feta, and bleu cheese, are not safe to eat during pregnancy because they could contain listeria. This bacteria can cause an infection in your baby. Other foods to avoid include raw or undercooked meat, shellfish, and eggs.