Dark wrinkley puffy itchy skin under eyes. What do I do?

Allergies. Patients with allergies can develop scaly, red and itchy skin around the eyes and on the eyelids from allergies. This skin condition is called allergic dermatitis or allergic eczema. You can use a hypoallergenic cream/lotion: cetaphil or lubriderm and consider contacting your medical doctor about taking allergy pills-such as Claritin (loratadine) or allegra.

Related Questions

I keep getting flare ups of dry puffy itchy skin under and above eyes. What are the causes and treatment. I have tried vaseline and hydrocortisone?

Many. Allergic reaction to cosmetics and/or incompletely dried nail polish comes to mind. As long as you are exposed to them, the problem will not go away. Consult a dermatologist if changing eye cosmetics does not help. Note that it will likely take a week for you to see any improvement if the cosmetic is the cause. Read more...