How to decide betweeb composite filling instead of root canal?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Treatment decisions

The answer to your question is best addressed by your dentist.
It's a case by case situation. Root canal therapy is performed only when needed.

In brief: Treatment decisions

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Discuss with dentist

If a cavity is deep, these's a strong possibility the tooth needs root canal therapy.
Even if you place a large restoration, no guarantee the nerve will not be affected.

In brief: Discuss with dentist

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: What's to decide

There is no comparison between the two.
The composite filling is used to fill the tooth after decay has been removed and a root canal is done when the nerve of the tooth has died and is causing pain and swelling. Maybe you are asking about after the root canal is done, should you have an amalgam or a composite filling. I prefer composites because they bond to the tooth and strengthen it.

In brief: What's to decide

There is no comparison between the two.
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Joel Doyon