Can it be possible for too much stress to cause depression?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Stress over time

Can cause depression and other physical symptoms.
Prolonged stress is not good for us psychologically or physically. It is important to find ways to reduce stress to avoid these types of complications. Talk to a therapist about life stressors, learn relaxation techniques as soon as possible.

In brief: Stress over time

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Stress/depression.

Too much chronic unrelenting stress can certainly lead to depression.
It's too much to type here, but look up the concept of "learned helplessness" and you'll see how unrelenting, unending stress can lead to depression and feelings of hopelessness.

In brief: Stress/depression.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Depression

Yes, stress over long periods of time can tax the body to the point that depression could be experienced.
My colleagues may disagree with me on this, but depression and anxiety are two sides of the same coin. I hope others chime in on this excellent question.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Eric Weisman