Could neck pain and hip pain be related?

Not likely. The neck and hip both have their own unique anatomy and are likely not connected although in some cases pain in the hip or neck may alter your posture or how you walk which can irritate the other parts of your body.
Not normally. That being said, if you have arthritis, you could have arthritis pain in both areas. Usually, if hip pain is from an axial source, then it is from your low back (lumbar spine). If you start having more painful areas or e=fi these continue, you may need to see a physician to make sure you do not have a rheumatologic issue starting. A thorough physical exam and history will help clarify diagnosis.