Is my psychiatrist making a mistake by not diagnosing me with borderline personality disorder?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Can't say

Accurate assessment guides treatment, so if you have bpd it would be good for you & your psychiatrist to know.
On the other hand, other personality problems that *look* like bpd can be helped with similar treatment. So in some cases it may not matter whether you have an "official" diagnosis. Some docs hesitate to diagnose bpd, as the label causes stigma. But bpd is treatable & often improves.

In brief: Can't say

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Borderline

Not sure why you would say that, unless u have been diagnosed with it before.
Please clarify with your psychiatrist.

In brief: Borderline

Please clarify with your psychiatrist.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Shontae Buffington