Can you tell me about tegrol retard for epilepsy?

Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Neurology

In brief: Carbamazepine

A prolonged release form of tegretol (carbamazepine).
There are similar products, such as tegretol xr, or carbatrol. These forms of Carbamazepine usually result in less variation in blood levels compared to immediate release forms. This may result in better seizure control and fewer peak dose side effects.

In brief: Carbamazepine

Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Eric Weisman
Carbitrol and Tegretol XR have gone generic. Original Tegretol XR had its problems. Jus a plastic capule with a small hole in it. My patients had to look in the toilet to see if they got their dose. if the plastic pill floats the Tegretol came out...if it sinks it has held on to the medicine (and you got none).