Is daytime sleepiness a sign of depression?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: Possibly
My first response to your question is a sleep disorder such as sleep apnea.
Many of my depressed patients continue to have daytime sleepiness and turn out to have a sleep disorder which requires a sleep study to diagnose.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Maritza Baez
In brief: Maybe
It could be, but usually with depression you have other symptoms, like feeling sad.
You might sleep during the day because you may have sleep problems from snoring, apnea, restless legs, poor sleep hygeine, anxiety/depression, napping during the day, night seizures, noises in the neighborhood waking you up, bed bugs, waking up to use the bathroom, acid reflux, allergies, or any number of things.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez