Is anal intercourse damaging?

Usually not. With the proper protections and careful management this does not have to be either uncomfortable or dangerous. Some disease are spread by this route, so protection should always be worn. Several sessions leading up to this to teach relaxation techniques are helpful. Adequate lubrication to prevent tissue dragging and tearing is mandatory. Go slow, carefully and this should be ok.
Anal intercourse. There are risks w anal sex. Having anal receptive sex can lead to transmission of sexually transmitted diseases. Repeated anal sex may loosen/ weaken the anal sphincter affecting fecal continence. The anal/rectal mucosa is not well protected which makes it susceptible to tearing w penile penetration.
Anal Sex. Many humans in most cultures of the world include anal sex as part of their sexual activity. This can include intercourse. The right answer to your question is not if done correctly. The anus has many nerve endings and both men and women find that sexual play in this area of the body can enhance their sexual life. I always recommend that my patients get a guide book to learn the safe activities.