Can I take effective herbal therapies to treat a legionnaires' disease?

Dr. Jennifer Letourneau
Critical Care
In brief: Not recommended
While herbal therapies can be effective for a number of conditions, legionnaires' disease can cause a life-threatening pneumonia due to the bacteria, legionella.
Treatment with antibiotics usually cures the disease. If you have pontiac fever, (legionella infection without pneumonia) antibiotics are often not necessary and the disease resolves spontaneously.

In brief: Not recommended
Dr. Jennifer Letourneau
Dr. Jennifer Letourneau
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: No.
Legionnaires' is caused be a bacteria and is potentially fatal.
I applaud those wanting to try to find natural remedies for infections - sinusitis and bronchitis are ones that mostly don't need antibiotics. The big 'l' is different. Get treated by a doctor. The later you delay appropriate treatment, the higher risk of complications and dying from the disease. Good luck.

In brief: No.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela