Can I take medicinal therapies to prevent a legionnaires' disease?

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: No
There is no medicinal therapy to prevent legionnaire's disease, specifically.
If you are in good health and in good shape, odds are you will be less likely to suffer from it seriously but that is not for certain. Exposure should be avoided though there is no sure way to know when you may be exposed.

In brief: No
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine
In brief: No
Legionnaires' disease is an infection with a legionella bacteria that causes a pneumonia.
It is transmitted in a waterborne fashion, often from cooling towers, humidifiers and such. It is not spread person-to-person. It is treated with antibiotics if found, but other than avoiding the source, there is no recommended preventive treatment that I am aware of.

In brief: No
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Steven Seres