What was the benefit of silicone compared to saline implants for breasts?

Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Several

Silicone implants typically feel softer than saline implants.
Both are very safe. If a silicone implant ruptures, you may not know it, and you would need an mri. However, the silicone will likely stay within the implant shell because the silicone is a cohesive gel. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/breast-augmentation-of-los-angeles.html.

In brief: Several

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Thomas Lintner
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast Implants

I offer both choices to my patients and based on their preferences and anatomy then make recommendations on which is more appropriate for them and their lifestyle.
Honestly, i prefer silicone, its proven itself as safe and continues to do so. I follow all my patients for the life of my practice for free and encourage annual follow ups to catch any issues early.

In brief: Breast Implants

Dr. Thomas Lintner
Dr. Thomas Lintner
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Better Question

Better question is what are the differences between the two now.
I tell patients that silicone is softer and ripples less than saline, but they are more expensive, generally require a larger incision and the fda recommends mri's to check for rupture at three years and every two years thereafter.

In brief: Better Question

Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many

Silicone implants are softer, more natural, and lighter. The risk of rupture is lesser than with saline implants.
The risk of rippling is much smaller.

In brief: Many

The risk of rippling is much smaller.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham