My son spent the year traveling india but refused to be tested for parasites. What can I do as healthcare power of attorney?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Talk with him

Healthcare poa only is active when the person is declared incompetent to make his/her own medical decisions.
Otherwise, it has no meaning. You can suggest to him it may be a good idea to have a check-up with his pcp, which can include pertinent history relating to travelling or any problems that occurred during that period.

In brief: Talk with him

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: Agree w Dr. Kurzweil

I doubt your POA will help if he is an adult.
Being evaluated is straight forward - try providing him some educational materials about parasite evaluations. Take care.

In brief: Agree w Dr. Kurzweil

Dr. Shontae Buffington