Growth hormone therapy (hgh) for 18 yrs old female, 151cms, what to do?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: Endocrinologist

Not exactly sure what your question is.
Are you asking whether GH treatments are appropriate or helpful at your age - that depends on your individual skeletal maturity, but I doubt at 18 you will get much benefit from it. If an endocrinologist has determined thee may still be benefit, then just follow their instructions exactly, because you don't have a lot of time to get benefit yet.

In brief: Endocrinologist

Not exactly sure what your question is.
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Homeira Izadi
Anti-Aging Medicine

In brief: Not effective

Growth hormone injection in a patient who has closed growth plates like this patient who is 18 y/o, doesn't help to make her taller. Growth hormone is effective as long as the growth plates are open.
If you give an 18 y/o growth hormone, it may cause acromegaly and many other side effects and I do not recommend it for her. If she is shorter than mid parental height , should rule out turner syndrom.

In brief: Not effective

Dr. Homeira Izadi
Dr. Homeira Izadi
Dr. Jonathan Jassey