I am in a 60s dorm built for guys. Now it is coed and we have to share the showers and toilets with them. How can I overcome shyness?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Not sure as

This is a bit different.
Expecting you to share toilets and showers with strangers is not really shy...It is appropriately modest. I doubt you grew up in a house where anyone from your school could come and share your bathroom at any time. Are there times that more women than men are in the bathroom? Are there floors that are just male vs female? See more.....

In brief: Not sure as

This is a bit different.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Being secure about who you are and your boundaries will help. I would not expect you to just be ok with showering and toilet etiquette with anyone.. Ask your friends as well how they are handling it...even some of the guys you know as you are not the only one feeling "shy".