Why can't I travel on a plane if I have tb?

Dr. Sarah Kohl
Travel Medicine

In brief: You Can Spread It

Active TB is easliy spread by coughing.
The tiny infective particles produced are spread via wind or ventillation systems. An airplane is a close system; the flters cannot remove the small infective particles. You could spread your illness to others on board. Some TB is resitant to certain drugs, staying put prevents spreading resistant TB germs. Get treated and cleared for travel by your doctor.

In brief: You Can Spread It

Active TB is easliy spread by coughing.
Dr. Sarah Kohl
Dr. Sarah Kohl

In brief: Agree w Dr. Kohl

If you have active respiratory TB - you can infect the other individuals on the plane both through close contact and the ventialation system.

In brief: Agree w Dr. Kohl

Dr. Steven Seres