Can my wisdom tooth be causing the enlarged lymph node under my jaw?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Yes, but

Yes, if infected.
However, in your age group. Don't assume it is a wisdom tooth problem. See an ENT doc to make sure you don't have a tumor.

In brief: Yes, but

Yes, if infected.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Sherly Alex
Dentistry

In brief: An infection can..

An infection or inflammation of the tissue surrounding the wisdom tooth can cause swollen lymph nodes under your chin.
Your dentist can evaluate and diagnose this. Your dentist might need to clean the area thoroughly to remove damaged tissue or pus. If the area is infected, you'll be given oral antibiotics.

In brief: An infection can..

Dr. Sherly Alex
Dr. Sherly Alex
Dr. Sanford Archer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Yes if infected

If you have gingivitis (bad guns, rotten teeth) or a tooth abscess, then you lymph nodes can be inflamed and enlarged.

In brief: Yes if infected

Dr. Sanford Archer
Dr. Sanford Archer
Dr. Steven Seres