I have a ganglion cyst. If it burst would it cause sharp pain?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

In brief: Doubtful

In the old days, it was called the "bible" treatment to rupture a ganglion cyst on a person's wrist.
As the bible was usually the biggest book in people's houses, it was told to people to swing it hard against the wrist to rupture the cyst. The blow i'm sure hurt more than the cyst rupturing.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: First the relief

Typically it would hurt at first but then you might experience some short term relief.

In brief: First the relief

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: It can

I have had patients complain of pain for a couple of days after a spotaneous rupture of a ganglion.
If it persists i would have your doc evaluate.

In brief: It can

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Vikram Patel