I have a large pannus due to a surgical complication. I also have severe arthritis which makes it almost impossible to exercise to lose weight. Any id?

Dr. Brian Kaufman

In brief: Start slowly!

Even with your conditions, you can start to exercise.
The most recent literature supports exercise as a treatment for pain from arthritis. This is the conundrum because many people feel that arthritis keeps them from exercising. In reality, it appears that lack of exercise leads to increased pain from arthiritis. Just start slowly and carefully, under the guidance of a pt or doc. But get moving!

In brief: Start slowly!

Dr. Brian Kaufman
Dr. Brian Kaufman
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Water exercise

I would try water exercises.
Most ymca's have a program of water aerobics. It is a good treatment for arthritis and weight loss.

In brief: Water exercise

I would try water exercises.
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery