If the behavior manifests itself in self-destructive/sabotage behaviors and should it be treated w/ some form of behavioral therapy?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Possibly

There are many more possible ways to address self-destructive behaviors than your question considers.
However, dialectical behavioral therapy is one form of treatment which can help. It combines mindfulness skills with cognitive behavioral therapy. Understanding the drivers of these behaviors is important also, though.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Many kinds

There are many different types of psychotherapy on the other hand, such as psychoanalytic, psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral, and gestalt, just to name a few.
If you were seeking psychotherapy, I would suggest reading up on all of these types of psychotherapy, and choose which one sounds the best for you.

In brief: Many kinds

Dr. William Forsythe