I am a vegetarian and I might be pregnant. Will baby be healthy?

David Escobar
In brief: Vege Diet Okay
Being a vegetarian is perfectly okay while being pregnant.
One of the best things you can do, vegetarian or otherwise, is to start taking a prenatal vitamin daily. Additionally, as long you as eat a well-balanced diet, with adequate protein intake from legumes, grains and vegetables, you'll be just fine! be sure to chat w/ your ob/gyn or fam doctor too, as prenatal medical care is important!

In brief: Vege Diet Okay
David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
In brief: Depends on situation
Those who grow up in the vegan lifestyle or study it well prior to pregnancy, are likely to do well with a healthy outcome.
I have known of a woman who became a "new" vegan just before pregnancy and gave birth to a sickly child with multiple vitamin deficiencies.

In brief: Depends on situation
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Hopefully yes.
While I am not totally adverse, i think your nutrition is now very important.
Vitamins and minerals frequently lacking to some extent include b12, iron, and zinc. Make sure you get plenty of protein and take a prenatal vitamin. You did not say if you are a vegan, or consume dairy and eggs. Very important to know and give you the best info.

In brief: Hopefully yes.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Jane Van Dis