They used preparation h in the hospital after we had babies. I didn't have hemorrhoids. What was it for?

In brief: Pregnancy and hemorr

Everyone has hemorrhoidal veins in their ano-rectal opening and pregnancy always worsens the condition which usually resolves after delivery.
I would not recommend prep-h for this situation. Limiting straining, sitz baths, using good soft toilet paper, limit time on toilet, push fluids, and high fiber diet or additives would work better as would desiten ointment for symptoms of hems.

In brief: Pregnancy and hemorr

Dr. Mark Aranson
Dr. Mark Aranson
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Not sure

Mainly as a lubricant as nothing in preph has ever been shown to work on significant hemorrhoid issues.
Probably they were treated the nurses and the doctors as well as yourself. May keep the complaints from the patients down and thus benefits the nurses and doctors.

In brief: Not sure

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Cindy Juster