How to break your fall from bike rather than wrist?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Roll
If you are talking about a fall from a bicycle, clavicles and wrists are the most common fractures.
These occur because the natural instinct is to put our hand out to "break" the fall. It is suggested that we roll rather than break the fall with our outstretched arm. Much easier said than done!

In brief: Roll
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: T5HIS WOULD REQUIRE
You to be trained in proper falling and rolling techniques.
I'm sure you don't feel like joining the marines or parachuting school right? I flew one time over the handle bar of a motorcycle and somehow managed just a scrape on my right upper back! i was pretty proud of myself but i was 17 back then and stupid. Now i'm 52 and dumber, so i'll just stay away from the bike...

In brief: T5HIS WOULD REQUIRE
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Peter Kurzweil