I am pregnant, but I need my diphtheria (tdap) booster shot, will it harm the baby?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
See dr. Ferguson's response.
Be aware that there is research data supporting the safety of receiving it.It often is given as soon as the baby is born as an alternative approach.

In brief: No
See dr. Ferguson's response.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: No
The american academy of pediatrics publishes a regular review of vaccines and infectious agents (red book, 18ed, 2009) in this reference it notes that pregnancy is not a contraindication for use of the td or tdap vaccines(p517) but notes a preference for giving it in the 2nd or 3rd trimester. Updating of parents and grandparents as well as any others to be in close contact is also indicated.

In brief: No
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham