I want to stop taking so many meds. Have severe insomnia and some anxiety. I take 150 trazadone, 10 ambien, (zolpidem) and .5 lorazepam nightly. How do I do this?

In brief: Oh my gosh, it

Really wouldn't be ethical for any of us to jump in and direct treatment.
This should be done under the supervision of the physician who is treating you. I will however provide some sleep tips that might help. 1. Keep regular bed ; wakening time (includes weekends). Get up same time daily. 2. Make a regular, relaxing bedtime routine: warm bath or shower, aromatherapy, reading, or listening to >.

In brief: Oh my gosh, it

2 comments
gentle music. 3. Sleep in dark, quiet, cool room w comfortable mattress & pillows. 4. Use bedroom only for sleep & sex. Put work materials, computers, & TVs in another room. 5. Finish eating at least 2-3 hrs prior to bed. 6. No caffeine w/i 6 hours; alcohol & smoking w/i 2 hrs of bed. 7. Exercise regularly; finish a few hrs before bedtime. 8. No naps & go to bed only when sleepy.
9. Find another time to write down problems & solutions. 10. After 10-15 mins of inability to sleep, go to another room & read or watch TV until sleepy. Consider acupuncture, chamomile tea, warm milk, melatonin or Lavender oil in bath or on pillow.
Dr. Adam Levy