How do I tell my friend he ha body odor?

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Be kind

Your his friend so you need to tell him. Be direct.
Let him know that you care about him and want the best for him but if you notice, others do too. Let him know this makes you uncomfortable but let him know this can be fixed. Usually it is just a hygiene problem solved by washing body and clothes more frequently and using deodorants. Sometimes there can be medical or dental cause.

In brief: Be kind

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Emperor Marcus Aurelius actually wrote about this -- the mark of a real friend is tell you nicely about this, and about bad breath, so you can fix it up. This can be a major social problem and a cause of job loss in the real world.