19 weeks pregnant & breastfeeding a 2y old. I suffer from major panic attacks & agoraphobia they prescribed me .5 lorazepam before okay to take it 1 a month?

Dr. Ralph Wolf

In brief: Ativan (lorazepam) pregnant

I have prescribed it but I do this with my patients not to them. I go over the risks, benefits, side effects, and alternatives and after the first trimester the risk of birth defects is reduced.
Also no caffeine, tobacco, or other stimulants--even sugar. I have used antidepressants during pregnancy with no defects or suits. The main thing is good communication and a + relationship with ur ob/gyn.

In brief: Ativan (lorazepam) pregnant

Dr. Ralph Wolf
Dr. Ralph Wolf

In brief: Category D Med

I wouldn't and certainly would not as you approach delivery.
Category d includes those known to have significant effects on the fetus. It has been found to remain in a newborns system up to 11 days after delivery. The main worry for newborns is respiratory depression. As with any other med, if your need exceeds these risks, you must care for yourself first.

In brief: Category D Med

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham