Can I get blepharoplasty done under general?

Yes but not needed. Blepharoplasty can be safely and comfortably performed under local anesthesia with sedation either in a doctor's office or in a surgery center. General anesthesia adds risk and cost that aren't necessary.
Yes. Blepharoplasty is commonly performed under local anesthesia or IV sedation but there is nothing wrong with having the procedure performed under general anesthesia. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon.
Yes. However, intravenous sedation or oral/intramuscular sedation are also great options.
Unnecessary. Blepharoplsty can be performed under general anesthesia but it is unnecessary. It can be performed very safely under strict local anesthesia without the risks involved with general anesthesia. A smal sedative can be used in anxious patients.
Yes. A surgeon needs to tailor his/her surgery to the medical and psychological evaluation of the patient. Some people have an inability for any local anesthesia to work. There can be local and systemic problems that prevent their usage. Although rare they do exist.
Put to sleep is best. Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is a delicate operation that rejuvenates the lids and awakens the face. I prefer to place my patients under general anesthesia and then place numbing medicine within the lids. It is very safe to do so, if in a approved setting, and my patients are very comfortable. The area operated upon is numb the level of anesthesia is light enough to maintain a peaceful rest.