Will folate deficiency cause miscarriage? If we take folic acid before pregnancy will it reduce the chance of miscarriage? Pls hlp dr

Possibly ; yes. Research shows folate (folic acid) deficiency increases risk of early miscarriage by 50%, yet most women who are folate (folic acid) deficient will not have a miscarriage. But since folate (folic acid) deficiency increases risk of neural tube birth defects it's wise for all women who might become pregnant to take Folic Acid (or the l-5-mthf form for the 1/3 of people who have trouble converting folc acid to folate (folic acid)).It will reduce risk.