How is avocado good for skin?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: It's soothing...
...And it smells good.
I know the health gurus say there are substances in avocado flesh that are good for skin, but there is no credible scientific evidence to that effect. I'm sure there is an antioxidant or two in there - but there are far less messy ways of getting antioxidants onto your skin.

In brief: It's soothing...
...And it smells good.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology
In brief: Avocado
Avocados reduce the appearance of age spots, help reduce signs of skin aging and heals dry skin and eczema.
Large amounts of sterolins, a protein proven to reduce the appearance of age spots, scars and sun damage, are found in avocados. Avocado oil contains the highest amount of sterolins in the fruit, making it an ideal ingredient in skin moisturizers marketed to people with dry skin.

In brief: Avocado
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher