Has my life been awful I feel alone. Ptsd has ruined part of my life along with others.Where can I get help?

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: PTSD help

Counselling can help! if your ptsd is service related, there are many veterans organizations that can help.
If you are a female (and even if you're not), most local womens' resource centers can provide assistance finding lo-cost counselling. There are also organizations/support groups on the web which can provide assistance or ask your doctor. The most important thing is to ask for help!

In brief: PTSD help

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Dr. Marguerite Barnett

In brief: PTSD help

I agree with dr. Barnett.
If this is a service connected condition please apply to the department of veteran's affairs. Vet centers are available ((in addition to the va). Depending on the source of your trauma, working in a group with other individuals with similar experiences can be a big benefit. Cognitive process therapy has been shown with studies to have a high success rate.

In brief: PTSD help

I agree with dr. Barnett.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil