I am having pain in my foot/toe from wearing my new shoes.Should I let them break in or give them away?

In brief: Give away
Give the shoes away, it's not likely to improve.

In brief: Give away
Dr. Alexander Reyzelman
Dr. Alexander Reyzelman
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Get rid of them
Shoes should feel comfortable the first time you try them on.
You should break in all shoes gradually as each shoe will make the foot work in a different manner. These changes can lead to overuse discomfort/injury if changes are drastic. Dr l.

In brief: Get rid of them
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Take them back or…
Give them away. Shoes should not have to be "broken in"; they should be comfortable when you first put them on.
Make sure you buy shoes late in the day when feet are generally at their largest, & wear socks typical of what you normally wear. Don't be a slave to fashion: pointed toes & spike heels will only damage your feet & cause pain. Be sure their is good arch support.

In brief: Take them back or…
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
In brief: Shoe fit
Make sure the shoes fit correctly and that they are laced correctly.

In brief: Shoe fit
Dr. Jeffrey Boggs
Dr. Jeffrey Boggs
Dr. Arnon Rubin