I stepped in a hole today and heard my ankle snap n it hurt really bad when i move it certain ways could it be broke?

In brief: Go to a podiatrist

A podiatrist can take x-rays if indicated and treat you with a variety of modalities based on the findings of the history of the injury and physical exam. Sometimes there can be damage to areas away from the ankle that a podiatrist will know to look.

In brief: Go to a podiatrist

Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Richard Blake
Definitely see a Podiatrist or Orthopedist. At least have your Primary order some base line xrays and go into a removable boot while you wait on the specialist's appt. Dr Rich Blake

In brief: I stepped

Yes or you could have torn a ligament or a tendon.
Use crutches to get off this foot, apply ice 3 times a day for 10-15 min at a time and see a podiatrist or an orthopedist asap for exam and an MRI

In brief: I stepped

Dr. Vera Khrakovsky
Dr. Vera Khrakovsky
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Yes it could

Many things can cause your ankle to "snap" one of which is a fracture.
Ligaments, dislocations and tendon injuries also can causing snapping and some people when they move their ankle a certain way may feel a pop that is inconsequential. Ice your aqnkle ( x72 hours) elevate a it and seek medical attention to see what is the problem if any.

In brief: Yes it could

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine