Is it ok that my baby likes the bottle better?

Dr. Kevin Rodbell

Nipple confusion? A down-stairs neighbor with 7 children once commented to my wife, "my kids must be geniuses.
All of them were breast-fed and also took bottles--and none of them got confused!" for sure, babies can master both, but they're smart: the bottle simple takes less effort. Be persistent and your baby--and you--will end up cherishing--and preferring--the experience of breast-feeding.

Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell

It's certainly normal, and expected.
But know that he really likes breast-feeding better--it's just that the milk comes with minimal effort when he drinks from a bottle. Babies, like adults, gravitate toward things that provide instant gratification. And babies, like adults, often benefit more in the long-run from the things you have to work at and invest in up-front!

It's certainly normal, and expected.
Dr. Kevin Rodbell
Dr. Kevin Rodbell

If a baby feeds from both the breast and the bottle, he likely will like one more than the other. If everything else is normal about the baby, parents need not worry about the baby liking the bottle.
They can keep encouraging breastfeeding, but the baby should grow just fine on either breast or bottle.

As long as it's breast milk in the bottle, the baby will get all the nutritional benefits of nursing.
Probiotic bacteria will probably also be transferred with even rare nursing. As for the bonding, as long as you are in a calm and focused mood when you hold your child, that will happen, too.

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky