Are birth control pills the same as hormone replacement therapy?

No. Birth control pills and HRT contain different types of Estrogens and progesterones and different dosages of hormones. They have been developed to meet different needs for women at different stages of their lives and thus have different risks, benefits, and side effects.
No! Birth control pills use a very low dose of hormones. Hormone replacement therapy uses much higher doses that simulate what the body produces before menopause.
No. Birth control pills contain hormones, but the intended effect is to prevent pregnancy. Bc pills, as oral hormones, must be synthetic/semi-synthetic. Hormone replacement therapy ideally should be bioidentical (the same hormones you produce in your body), should be tailored to your specific needs (your levels should be checked), & should include both estrogen & Progesterone & possibly testosterone.