Does medicaid pay for a overnight nurse to help out with a baby if mom had rough delivery?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: No.

At least in my state (california), it would be extremely difficult, next to impossible to have medicaid pay for an overnight nurse to be at home to help out with baby, even if mom has had a rough delivery.
The thought being if the mom was in such bad shape, she'd still be in the hospital.

In brief: No.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Not for baby sitting

A baby on a home ventilator, one needing 24 hour airway care, one requiring special infusions of medication might qualify for a nurse up to 8 hrs/day.
This would be the same for real commercial insurance as it is for medicaid.It is not a program designed to provide family backup traditionally done by family members.

In brief: Not for baby sitting

Dr. Adam Levy