How long does it take for the chemo treatment for breast cancer to take effect after each cycle and does each cycle increases the level of discomfort?

A few days and yes. By "take effect" i assume you mean cause side effects. Most people feel very fatigued from chemo, and that gets worse after each cycle. The chemo works right away on cancer cells, but it usually takes several days after treatment to feel side effects.
How fast it works... ..And whether you see it work depends on the circumstances (early stage vs. Advanced, and other factors). Some side effects do accumulate as you get more (fatigue and nerve damage are usual examples). Keep your doc informed of this and best to you.